Fruity and zesty deserts are my favourite. So, following a big mexican meal, I decided to try my hand at a Key Lime Pie, I don’t mean to blow my own trumpet, but it was delicious!
- 200g ginger biscuits
- 100g butter
- Zest and juice of 4 limes
- 50g golden caster sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- Can of carnation condensed milk
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees
- Crush the biscuits until they resemble breadcrumbs
- Melt the butter and add this to the breadcrumbs, mix well and then put this at the bottom of your pie dish to make the biscuit base, bake for 15 minutes and allow to cool
- Put the sugar, lime zest, juice and yolks into a mixing bowl and mix well
- Add your condensed milk and continue to beat
- Pour the mix onto your biscuit base and bake for 20 minutes
- The pie should be set, with a slight wobble in the middle
- Allow to cool and decorate with lime slices or whipped double cream
It is so quick and easy, but so delicious. The pale green pie colour is beautiful too.