With summer on the horizon (where you ask?!) and strawberries soon to be in season, a strawberries and cream cheesecake is just what every summer dinner party or barbecue needs. Based on The Hummingbird Bakery recipe, this is very simple to make and although the mix seems a little runny, just go with it and I promise the results will be delicious!
- ~250g of either digestive or shortbread biscuits for the base (shortbread makes a much richer cheesecake)
- 100g of butter
- 200g chopped fresh strawberries (more to decorate the top as in the picture, use your judgement!)
- 185g caster sugar
- 600g cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1tbsp St Dalfour strawberry spread
- 100g mascarpone
- 30g icing sugar
- 100ml double cream
- Base – Bash the biscuits until they are like breadcrumbs, melt the butter, mix this with the crumbs and pat down into the bottom of your cheesecake tin. Bake at 160 degrees for around 5 minutes and leave to cool
- Preheat the oven at 160 degrees
- In a saucepan put the strawberries, 80g sugar, 30ml water and a little icing sugar and bring to the boil until the strawberries release juice and this begins to thicken, leave to cool
- In a mixing bowl beat the cream cheese, 105g remaining sugar, St Dalfour strawberry spread and then add the eggs and mix all together
- Add the cooled strawberry mix to this and mix well
- Pour into your cheesecake tin, on top of your base
- Bake for 30 minutes until the cheesecake looks glossy, is firm on the outside and the middle is a little wobbly
- Allow to cool
- Beat the mascarpone and then in a separate bowl whisk the cream and icing sugar and fold this into the mascarpone. Spread this on top of the chilled cheese cake.
- Add strawberries and decorate and then enjoy!
A cheesecake loving friend of ours rated this one of the best cheesecakes she had tasted, the first of course for anyone who has tried it is New York’s Juniors cheesecake. If you go to New York you MUST try it!