I really enjoy cooking and love seeing people enjoy the food I have cooked, I love throwing dinner parties because it means I have a reason to spend my whole day in the kitchen cooking food!
Being a pecan lover I decided to try my hand at a Pecan Pie. IT WAS SO GOOD. I don’t mean to blow my own trumpet but the pie was delicious and I enjoyed the compliments from our dinner guests.
You will need to do the following to make shortcrust pastry:
- Mix 110g butter with 225g plain flour until crumb like
- Add 1 egg and 80g sugar and mix until a pastry like dough is formed, chill in the fridge for around 30 minutes
- Roll the pastry onto a greased pie dish, cover with greaseproof paper and baking beads, bake at 180 degrees for 15 minutes
- Remove from the oven, remove the baking beads and bake for another 5 minutes
- Remove from the oven and leave the pastry base to cool whilst you make the filling
- Melt 110g butter with 120g golden syrup and 225g soft light brown sugar (this smells amazing as it melts)
- Break 100g dark chocolate into chunks and put at the bottom of your pie base
- Roughly break 230g pecans and add put in your pie base
- Beat 3 eggs and then add this to the golden syrup/butter/sugar melted mix and beat
- Pour this over the base with the pecans and chocolate in
- Bake at 170 degrees for 30 minutes, then turn the oven down to 140 degrees and bake for another 20 minutes, the pie will looked cooked but should have a slight wobble in the middle
- Allow to cool and eat and enjoy!